The biggest irony of technology is that it can both reduce and increase our workplace stress. In this blog, we’re going to give you a few simple hacks on how to improve productivity at work. We will provide tips and tricks for businesses on how to use technology to reduce workplace stress. Finally, but certainly no less importantly, we’ll put together a list of best practices for companies to follow so that they can put the employee’s needs first.
Can technology really reduce stress in the workplace?
Even though it seems as though technology is the cause of a lot of workplace stress, the reality is, when it’s used properly, it can relieve a lot of the workplace stress. According to a recent article by CNN, workplace stress is actually proven, scientifically, to be reduced by technology. And, anything in the office that actually causes more stress — be it an e-mail program, or something a bit more cumbersome — there are plenty of alternative programs that either have been created, or will be created, to further reduce stress. So even if the end user is experiencing technology-related stress, it can and will quickly be alleviated by technology that is either being created, or will be created, specifically for alleviating the end user’s stress.
What are some computer programs that can be used to relieve stress in the workplace?
So now that you know that technology can relieve workplace stress, the following is a list of computer programs that you can use to further alleviate your stress in the workplace.
- Dropbox: using cloud-sharing software, Dropbox allows you to access your company’s documents at any time, no matter where you are in the world. In addition, you can share your documents with other people, so you will no longer need to tote around any external drives to share important documents.
- Evernote: while this software is specific only to Android-based smartphones, it’s important to make sure that your employees have this (even on their work phones) so that they can access the necessary company documents on a mobile device. As more and more employees move to more mobile devices (such as tablets and smartphones) and away from desktop and laptop peripherals, early adoption of this kind of technology will serve your company well in the long run.
What are some other ways to relieve workplace stress?
Of course, even the best technology can still cause some stress in the workplace, so we’ve come up with this list of quick tips and tricks in order for you to reduce even the slightest bit of workplace stress:
- Consider having binaural beats in the background of your office. Binaural beat therapy has been proven to be effective in treating depression, and countless studies in the 1960s and 1970s demonstrated its effectiveness.
- Don’t forget to take periodic breaks. As a matter of safety, you should focus on something new in your office every 15 minutes to avoid your eyes getting tired from staring at a computer screen for so long.
- Every four hours, under labor law, your employees are entitled to a 15-minute break. Have them use those 15 minutes to decompress and destress: watch a funny YouTube video, meditate briefly, or enjoy a good team-building exercise for increased camaraderie within the office.
Learn more about Snappy Customer Support.